Ubuntu-Studio 10.04 (Lucid Lynx)
Select an image
Alternate install DVD
The alternate install DVD allows you to perform certain specialist
installations of Ubuntu-Studio. It provides for the following situations:
- setting up automated deployments;
- upgrading from older installations without network access;
- LVM and/or RAID partitioning;
- installs on systems with less than about 256MB of RAM
(although note that low-memory systems may not be able to run a full desktop
In the event that you encounter a bug using the alternate installer,
please file a bug on the
There are two images available, each for a different type of computer:
- PC (Intel x86) alternate install DVD
- For almost all PCs. This includes most machines with Intel/AMD/etc type
processors and almost all computers that run Microsoft Windows, as well as
newer Apple Macintosh systems based on Intel processors. Choose this if you
are at all unsure.
- 64-bit PC (AMD64) alternate install DVD
- Choose this to take full advantage of computers based on the AMD64 or EM64T
architecture (e.g., Athlon64, Opteron, EM64T Xeon, Core 2). If you have
a non-64-bit processor made by AMD, or if you need full support for
32-bit code, use the Intel x86 images instead.
A full list of available files, including BitTorrent files,
can be found below.
If you need help burning these images to disk, see the
CD Burning Guide.